Re: Tracking ISS with Horizons #APCC #Mach2GTO

David Johnson

Okay, I’ve been playing around with this, both using the Test Tracking and in real-time, albeit in my basement due to the clouds, and I am learning how this works, but I do have one relatively simple question.

Tonight I did a run in real-time and also using Test Tracking.  The numbers in Test Tracking puzzle me..  The first image shows the screen during the real-time run.  Note the values for RA and Dec rates, in arc-sec/sec and arc-sec/hour.  Both rates show as roughly comparable for both units (arc-sec/sec and arc-sec/hr).

Now, look at the second image.  The values in arc-sec/hr are roughly the same, but the values in arc-sec/sec are more than an order of magnitude different.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks.