Re: Help Parking AP 900 in TheSky #ASCOM_V2_Driver

John Shutz

This probably doesn't help with your issue, I have an undated AP document that advises the previous Park 1 position has been relegated to obsolete status and replaced by the new Park 4 position.  This has something to do with lessening the chance of contact between the scope and pier using the Park 1 position which would often slew under the horizon after a start up from park.  Park 4 has the same advantages as Park 1, but minimizes any lower than the horizon slews.  However, according to the document, Park 1 has not been deleted, AP advises you could still use it but do so with caution.  That tells me Park 1 is still an active option just like the other park positions and your problem doesn't relate to the AP advisory I mentioned.  I wonder if APCC has any influence here? You would expect the AP driver setup utility would dictate things, who's the boss?