Re: Which GTOCP* connection do you use?

Eric Dreher

Thank you, Patrick.  This isn't as difficult as it seems, nor did it turn out to be as inexpensive as I originally thought it might be.  Due to the expense of the internal cables, I think it totaled to about $400 when I was done, but the convenience of having it cuts down my portable astrophotography setup time on my driveway to about 20 minutes.

I tried to find the original CN post wherein a friend of mine in California, A-P family member Glenn Diekmann, inspired the construction with his similar results.  It all starts with the front panel design from https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/.  They have free downloadable software you use to place your design, connectors, etc. to suit your needs.  Have a look-see and decide if that's what you'd like to do.

Or...you could just buy a Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox for about $200 more.  An excellent product, it came out just a couple of months after I finished my distribution box.  That's what I'd do now, though the satisfaction and fun in building what I have was enjoyable.

Eric