Re: Imaging during EST to DST change over

Jack Huerkamp

Mike,

Right now I have the hand controller set to standard time and the computer likewise.  Rather than go through the procedure to set the hand controller to DST, can I just go into the keypad, set it to UTC, set the computer to UTS, and not have to do anything else?

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452-5192

985-445-5063

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

30.37N  89.76W

All of us get lost in the darkness.
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

………………………………….Neil Peart

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Freeberg
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 11:05 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Imaging during EST to DST change over

I just set my computer and mount to utc time and forget about the day time change.. Mike

On Mar 15, 2021 10:42 AM, "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011@...> wrote:

The mount won't park itself unless it gets a park command from a 3rd party software. A clock change on your PC does not automatically get sent to the mount by itself, so the mount does not know about any time change.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Mar 14, 2021 11:25 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Imaging during EST to DST change over

Last night I was imaging with my QSI683 camera through the AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and had an unusual thing happen. I was on my last subframe of the evening, at around 2am and suddenly I noticed that the guiding errors grew tremendously.

I noticed the guide star was out of the field so I grabbed an additional full frame exposure through the guide camera to see what had happened. A 5 sec exposure showed stars streaking in the field of view, like the tracking was incorrect or even off.

After closer inspection I noticed that the mount parked itself at exactly 2:00am when the PC's clock automatically advanced from 2:00am to 3:00am during the EST to DST transition. It wasn't too much of a problem since I was closing down for the night anyway, so I lost the 10 min subframe.

I was wondering why/how the mount automatically parked due to that sudden time shift Any ideas? Anyone else had this happen to them?

Jim Fakatselis

Peppermill Skies Observatory

Huntington, NY

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.