Re: Which GTOCP* connection do you use?

Dale Ghent

Negative. The CP5 is (currently) unique to the Mach2 because the CP5's motor driving circuitry is for running the unique-to-the-Mach2 brushless servo motors. The CP1/2/3/4 has circuitry for driving the "classic" servo motors that are in the rest of the GTO line, past and present.

You can't even accidentally do this because the CP<=4 classic servos connect with a single connection, where the Mach2+CP5 has separate connections for RA and Dec motor and, if memory serves, the gender and keying of the connectors also differ.

On Mar 15, 2021, at 04:35, Kenneth Tan <ktanhs@gmail.com> wrote:

Can i use the gtocp4 with my mach2 gto? I was toying with the idea as that will allow me to connect it with the ASI air pro which does not seem as yet to support the gtocp5.

Kenneth

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 at 16:29, <cargostick@gmail.com> wrote:
I should have put keypad as a choice in the poll.