Re: Backlash

Tom Blahovici

I have this mount and use it for imaging. Balance seems to be really important but a bit difficult to do.
I have backlash of 2 seconds in Dec and when I image with Voyager, it takes a couple of starts to get rid of it. Once gone there is no issue.
It is actually a really nice mount and is rock solid for my FSQ106 with Moonlite Nitecrawler and camera setup.  Certainly better than a Losmandy G11 I used to have.
In any case, it is not difficult to adjust the backlash but does take a while. There's a manual on this on the AP website.
My mount had a 2.8 arc second peak to peak periodic error without PEC.
Tom