Re: Counter weight up slew vs. continuing past the meridian, any real differences?

Luca Marinelli

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 05:29 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
Luca,

How would I set up APCC so that slews within the East limits with CW up from SGP do not invoke safety slews?
If the SGPro move is 0.5 degrees or less in Declination then there will be no safety slew.

-Ray

Thanks, Ray. So if I read your statement correctly, there is no special setting in APCC that will avoid safety slews within the meridian limits but if the slew issued is close enough in Dec, then APCC will simply nudge the mount to the right place, without going back to CW down first.

It's not a big deal either way; we are only talking about two or three slews per target. But then again, neither is a Meridian flip, which also take a couple of slews per target for plate solving. That was my original point.

Luca