Re: Counter weight up slew vs. continuing past the meridian, any real differences?

Luca Marinelli

Ray,

How would I set up APCC so that slews within the East limits with CW up from SGP do not invoke safety slews? Is it in the APCC manual?

Thanks,

Luca

On Mar 13, 2021, at 12:19 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <iogroups=siriusimaging.com@groups.io> wrote:

Earlier this week it was mentioned that
due to how SGP commands the mount during a plate solve/center, starting counter weight up invokes the safety
slew thus making very small adjustments quit slow.
APCC has a variety of meridian limit configuration settings. When setup appropriately, counterweight-up slews within APCC's meridian limits will not do safety slews, and thus do not result in extra time in SGPro. However, if SGPro issues a move outside of the meridian limits then a pier flip will occur.

-Ray