Re: Counter weight up slew vs. continuing past the meridian, any real differences?

Luca Marinelli

Ray,

How would I set up APCC so that slews within the East limits with CW up from SGP do not invoke safety slews? Is it in the APCC manual?

Thanks,

Luca

On Mar 13, 2021, at 12:19 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <iogroups=siriusimaging.com@groups.io> wrote:

Earlier this week it was mentioned that
due to how SGP commands the mount during a plate solve/center, starting counter weight up invokes the safety
slew thus making very small adjustments quit slow.
APCC has a variety of meridian limit configuration settings. When setup appropriately, counterweight-up slews within APCC's meridian limits will not do safety slews, and thus do not result in extra time in SGPro. However, if SGPro issues a move outside of the meridian limits then a pier flip will occur.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of skester@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:02 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Counter weight up slew vs. continuing past the meridian, any real differences?

I've seen many comments about the ability of AP mounts to slew to a counterweight up position with the scope on
the east side, so that you can avoid the flip and continue west. Assuming I want to track the target from -3hrs to
+3hrs of the meridian, how if at all is this different to starting with a normal slew with the scope on the west side, and
ending in the counter weight up position (assuming clearance of course)? Earlier this week it was mentioned that
due to how SGP commands the mount during a plate solve/center, starting counter weight up invokes the safety
slew thus making very small adjustments quit slow. It would seem a solution would be to just reverse the process
and end rather than start counter weight up. Am I missing something here?

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.