Re: APCC shows Altitude at 0 in Park 3

Bill Long

Good find. Nothing like sleeping to clear your mind and find the answer.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:31 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC shows Altitude at 0 in Park 3

Glad it was easy to rectify. Later today I’m going to enter my Home coordinates in the keypad!

Thanks again

Wayne
> On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:23 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Wayne,
>
>> I assume it was just behaving as expected and the APCC values don’t override the keypad values when it’s set to
>> auto connect to ON? I suspect I hadn’t run into this before because my keypad values were all correct?
>
> Yes, if the keypad initializes the mount, then APCC will not initialize the mount, so your Mach2 continues to use the keypad's Lat/Long values.
>
> Once Lat/Long has been set, you have to power-cycle the mount to change it.
>
> -Ray
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
>> Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:18 AM
>> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC shows Altitude at 0 in Park 3
>>
>> Hi guys! Tried that several times and no go, but my subconscious evidently worked on the problem in my sleep.
>> First thing when I got up I checked the hand controller and it was as set to Auto Connect On and the site information
>> was set to Lat and Long 00 00 00. I changed to Connect EXT and power cycled. Then opened APCC. For a split
>> second, ALT went to 0, but then set to the correct value equal to my latitude.Yay! But now it’s cloudy!!
>>
>> I assume it was just behaving as expected and the APCC values don’t override the keypad values when it’s set to
>> auto connect to ON? I suspect I hadn’t run into this before because my keypad values were all correct?
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.