Re: Need to Invert PE curve before loading into Mach1GTO?

Hi Keith

>>> I didn't have time to load the curve last night and check, so does the Mach1GTO need the PE curve to be inverted before loading or not?

you have to test that by loading the curve and running it to see the results, and then based on the results, you invert it or not.

Brian

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 9:40 AM Keith Egger <eggerk@...> wrote:
Having finished my re-greasing, which involved removing the motors, I had to redo my PEC. I ran 6 worm cycles in PEMPro last night and generated a PE curve this morning. In the workflow PEMPro says to load the curve, then run a couple of cycles and if the PE is doubled, Invert the curve and reload. I didn't have time to load the curve last night and check, so does the Mach1GTO need the PE curve to be inverted before loading or not?

Another question, am I correct that re-meshing the worm gear doesn't require redoing the PEC? Does re-meshing have any effect on the periodic error at all, as in increasing or decreasing?

thanks,
Keith

--
BrianĀ