Re: APCC shows Altitude at 0 in Park 3

Ray Gralak

Hi Wayne,

I assume it was just behaving as expected and the APCC values don’t override the keypad values when it’s set to
auto connect to ON? I suspect I hadn’t run into this before because my keypad values were all correct?
Yes, if the keypad initializes the mount, then APCC will not initialize the mount, so your Mach2 continues to use the keypad's Lat/Long values.

Once Lat/Long has been set, you have to power-cycle the mount to change it.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:18 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC shows Altitude at 0 in Park 3

Hi guys! Tried that several times and no go, but my subconscious evidently worked on the problem in my sleep.
First thing when I got up I checked the hand controller and it was as set to Auto Connect On and the site information
was set to Lat and Long 00 00 00. I changed to Connect EXT and power cycled. Then opened APCC. For a split
second, ALT went to 0, but then set to the correct value equal to my latitude.Yay! But now it’s cloudy!!

I assume it was just behaving as expected and the APCC values don’t override the keypad values when it’s set to
auto connect to ON? I suspect I hadn’t run into this before because my keypad values were all correct?

Wayne

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.