Re: Slide Rules and Slipsticks - in the 1960's B.C. - i.e. (Before Computers)

Don Anderson

Wow! Awesome Barry. How heavy is it?  Mine is a Hughes-Owens Bamboo with glass window in the slide. It is in as good a shape as when I bought it in 1969.

Don Anderson

On Friday, March 12, 2021, 07:20:52 p.m. MST, Barry Megdal <bmegdal@...> wrote:

Yes – that is a 6-foot slide rule on the wall.  Couldn’t resist buying it years ago at a garage sale.  These used to hang on the blackboard in my high school chemistry class so they could teach us how to use them.

And my new Mach2 in the foreground just to make the photo appropriate for this forum J

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.

19215 Parthenia St.  Suite A