Re: How to Re-grease a Mach1 with Auto-Adjust Motor Boxes?

Dominique

Hi,
With my Mach2 in my observatory and travel restrictions, my 2011 Mach1 has been sleep for a few months, so, reading your discussions, it made me want and courage to revisit it. I already had a little control on the lubrication side 4 or 5 years ago but not completely and I believe only on the RA axis. I carefully watched the linked videos / photos to check the cleaning and regreasing phases to be done ... and I attacked the disassembly, separation of the 2 axes and treatment of the RA axis to begin with. I am not in the "extreme cold" zone and I have 2 types of grease at my disposal, one lithium (yellow) and one synthetic (green with MoS2). This evening I cleaned and I let the night pass before doing the lubrication, it remains to know which of the 2 greases it is better to use. On the brake part of the RA axis, which was a bit hard and which I have already cleaned and reassembled, I put a little synthetic grease and that seems to have improved things. So I will see tomorrow morning and based on your advice if necessary. As I had opened and / or dismantled the engine blocks several times, it didn't seem complicated to me ... you have to be careful with the cables.
Clear Skies
Dominique