Re: Quick Release Gearbox Modification for Older AP1600

Bob

Marj... I think most of us realize it wont be a cookie cutter mod, but well worth the effort and cost.  Opposed to the cost of a new mount and of course the biggest advantage... a very accurate balance which would alleviate an aweful lot of headaches!...Ive been asking for several years about this possible mod....  sign me up as well.... pleeeeaaassseee!...lol

On Mar 12, 2021, at 10:15 AM, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Jack and all,

The swap out is not an easy one, which is one of the reasons that we have not offered it yet. Yes, many of the components can be reused (motor assembly, worm gear, spur gears), which will reduce the cost. However, it is likely that the mounts will need to return here in order to swap out the components and to ensure accurate assembly.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jack Huerkamp
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 7:41 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Quick Release Gearbox Modification for Older AP1600

Roland, will this be a simple swap out for current AP1600 owners.  I assume that the existing worm gear would be retained and moved to the new housing for the quick release system.  Any estimate on price and is there a waiting list for this retrofit?

Jack Huerkamp

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.