Re: Quick Release Gearbox Modification for Older AP1600

Bob

Marj... I think most of us realize it wont be a cookie cutter mod, but well worth the effort and cost.  Opposed to the cost of a new mount and of course the biggest advantage... a very accurate balance which would alleviate an aweful lot of headaches!...Ive been asking for several years about this possible mod....  sign me up as well.... pleeeeaaassseee!...lol

On Mar 12, 2021, at 10:15 AM, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Jack and all,

The swap out is not an easy one, which is one of the reasons that we have not offered it yet. Yes, many of the components can be reused (motor assembly, worm gear, spur gears), which will reduce the cost. However, it is likely that the mounts will need to return here in order to swap out the components and to ensure accurate assembly.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd