Re: Mach 2 First Impressions (Quick Post)

Bill Long

Model running now and imaging unguided and frames are just as good as the guided ones. No change, because there really isnt anything to correct reactively. The 16803 chip is at home on this GTX with the field flattener!

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Long <bill@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:47 PM
To: AP-GTO Groups.io <ap-gto@groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach 2 First Impressions (Quick Post)

I have more work to do, but here is a PHD2 graph in its entirety from the Mach 2, 5 min Lum sub. No model, just PHD2 calibration.

Sub here:

Note that there is a little tilt in this, not much, but was part of the test. I was testing whether or not the AP130GTX focuser was causing any sag in the train with the following gear:

FLI PL16803
FLI CFW5-7
7 x Chroma LRGB + SHO 3nm
Optec Sagitta OAG
Astro-Physics 133FF for GTX

My findings here show that the NiteCrawler focuser shows the exact same tilt pattern that the AP 130 GTX focuser shows. In both cases it is extremely minor and most imagers would not even know it was there.

That is an incredibly heavy imaging system and the GTX focuser was all the part that the NiteCrawler was. So, if you have a GTX, dont bother replacing your focuser. 🙂

More data to come, as I have a model going, but so far I am impressed. My 1100 with encoders does not perform as well as this Mach 2. Maybe I should send it in? 😳

-Bill