Re: Mo videos :)

Harley Davidson

Thanks Andrew. I don't have a dome but would assume as long as the widest overall separation of either scope from the centerline of the Dec axis in PARK 3 isn't less than 13.5" in your case you should be fine. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

tony

On 3/8/2021 11:02 AM, Andrew Jones wrote:
Hi Tony.

Great Videos. Thanks for sharing. A quick question if you don't mind. I have seen it mentioned several times here on the forum, that if someone plans on using a second scope for guiding (rather than an OAG) then ring mounting the guides scope to the primary OTA is not a good idea due to flexure. I heard that it is better to either mount the guide scope directly on the focuser using something like AP's 10 x 60 Vario Finder with Quick Release Guider Bracket Kit. (1060VGKIT) or to use a side-by-side mount like you show in your videos. I am curious if using a side-by-side setup would be a problem inside a dome? I have a 8" ExploraDome and I think the shutter opening is like 27" wide. So I guess as long as the two scopes do not span a distance more than this width then it should be OK. I was just curious if you or anyone else here has experience using a side-by-side in a dome?

Thanks again for sharing the videos. Always exciting to see other AP Mount setups.

Andrew J