Re: How to Re-grease a Mach1 with Auto-Adjust Motor Boxes?

Dale Ghent

I'm not sure what the big deal is, John. Hardcopy instructions are included with the $25 grease kit that you can order over the phone from Astro-Physics. The paper instructions are certainly adequate alone; I don't think a video would add much besides just parroting what they say.

Here's my pictorial from when I regreased my Mach1 last summer.
https://imgur.com/a/xS3jzJf

/dale

On Mar 8, 2021, at 18:23, John A. Sillasen <jasillasen@cox.net> wrote:

I must admit that I agree with having at least current and near current (Mach 1 and Later) version specific instructions + a video..
Boy do I know how time consuming doing manual is too. Past work life aside, I did not instruction manual with pictures for every step on how to install a Starlight Instruments two speed micro focuser on a Skywatcher 180 Maksutov Cassegrain. The default single speed was actually all metal with no plastic parts but for a high magnification scope, it has to be a dual speed.

Its a lot of work. The manual is online now, Wayne has posted it at Starlight Instruments.

That aside, aside. See what I did there?

I cannot even find the generic instructions on the Astro-Physics Support Site. Not under current or legacy do I find a regrease set of instructions.

Good job for a part timer to do or perhaps someone at home that the company trusts to do. Its necessary because otherwise I'm sending my mounts back to be re-greased. I will not be doing it by myself now.

John A. Sillasen