Re: How to Re-grease a Mach1 with Auto-Adjust Motor Boxes?

Bill Long

Just to be clear, my issue was completely caused by me. The negative lead popped off of the motor when I was removing the motor box from the mount. They even warn you to be careful and I messed it up. ūüôā¬†

So, if you follow the directions very carefully it should come out fine. The rest of the work went through with no issues. I sent the motor back and AP fixed it and shipped it back to me. All clear and good now!

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Andrew Jones <andjones132@...>
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 7:30 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] How to Re-grease a Mach1 with Auto-Adjust Motor Boxes?

Hi Bill.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I know you to be a very knowledgeable amateur astronomer based on your many useful and helpful post on the forum. If someone with your level expertise struggled with this re-greasing process the first time, to point of actually damaging the mount, does not give me warm and fuzzys about attempting the process myself. Given the recommendation that all owners of AP mounts should be performing this maintenance ever 2 - 5 years would indicate a strong demand for clear and concise instructions for each mount. I am sure we could all call George and have him walk us through the process step by step, but it would seem easier (for AP) if we could just get a step-by-step guide or even better a YouTube Video showing each step in detail. I am going to hold off with re-greasing my Mach1 from 2016 for now until hopefully some better instructions come along.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Andrew J