Re: Problem with first startup of Mach2 -- obstruction / grinding sound

Roland Christen

Try running at a lower slew rate, 600x and 1000x. If it works without stopping then that's a clue for me.

I can work with you more effectively if you send me your e-mail address.

From: mjb87 via groups.io <mjb87@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 11:55 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with first startup of Mach2 -- obstruction / grinding sound

I've installed APCC Pro. Daleen was kind enough to resend me the license key. The software is up and running. I notice that it thought I was using my 1100 and wonder if I still have deleted the earlier data.

The Dec axis works fine -- no issues. The RA axis hits the stop (sort of a "raspberry" sound) as it starts to move west from Park 3. Moving east is fine -- only happens when I move west.  However, if I then release the clutches and move the mount, say, 15 degrees further west, it "moves" the point at which the conflict occurs further along. I've done that repeatedly and can now move the mount from counterweight bar up on one side to counterweight bar up on the other. I still get the conflict but it is now at a point where I don't plan to send the mount.