Re: Problem with first startup of Mach2 -- obstruction / grinding sound

Ray Gralak

Hi Marty,

I've installed APCC Pro. Daleen was kind enough to resend me the license key. The software is up and
running. I notice that it thought I was using my 1100 and wonder if I still have deleted the earlier data.
The default is 1100, but when you connect APCC should detect the CP5 and set the mount type to Mach2 if you haven't set it already.

And just in case, please make sure you have the latest APCC Pro version (v1.8.8.17)

If not, you should download it from here:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.17.exe

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of mjb87 via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:55 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with first startup of Mach2 -- obstruction / grinding sound

I've installed APCC Pro. Daleen was kind enough to resend me the license key. The software is up and
running. I notice that it thought I was using my 1100 and wonder if I still have deleted the earlier data.

The Dec axis works fine -- no issues. The RA axis hits the stop (sort of a "raspberry" sound) as it starts to move
west from Park 3. Moving east is fine -- only happens when I move west. However, if I then release the
clutches and move the mount, say, 15 degrees further west, it "moves" the point at which the conflict occurs
further along. I've done that repeatedly and can now move the mount from counterweight bar up on one side to
counterweight bar up on the other. I still get the conflict but it is now at a point where I don't plan to send the
mount.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.