Re: How to Take Best Advantage of Partial APPM Model Runs #APCC

Nice work Greg

thanks for the followup

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:32 AM Greg Vaughn <gregvaughn@...> wrote:
Thanks to Brian, Luca and Eric for your very helpful recommendations to address the hiccups I experienced in my APPM modeling run several nights ago.

We had a clear night here last night with light winds and I had a very successful experience after following your advice:
- I selected the 1/2 by 1/2 frame for plate solving in APPM  (which I had not previously been aware of)
- I downloaded and used the 64bit BETA version of SGP

I use ASTAP as my platesolver, which I had already found much faster than PS2, but with the actions taken above, the model building routine went even faster than previously on a per point basis.  Much faster image downloads make a huge difference in the length of time necessary for the modeling.   And last night I experienced no glitches and no dropped frames during imaging (although last night I was using the QHY600 and not the ZWO6200 that was the culprit previously).   I will need to test again with my other imaging train that includes the ASI 6200, but I was tickled at the improvements generally seen with the QHY 600 image train last night.

For those of you using high MP sensors, I'd strongly recommend the subframe selection option (1/2 by 1/2 or 1/4 by 1/4) in APPM and, if you are using SGP, downloading and using the 64bit BETA version.

Thanks again!

Clear Skies and Cheers,
Greg

Greg Vaughn