From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Valente
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 8:34 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Can I have more than one modeling and load the one I need? #Absolute_Encoders
#APCC #Mach2GTO

Ray I thought APCC already adjusted the model for temperature fluctuations? (and pressure too)

Brian

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:25 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

> And I was wondering if I could have a two or more modeling, so if the night is very hot I load modeling
1 and if
> the night is cold I load modeling 2.

Yes, you can load data points from any ".PNT" file. Although APCC does account for refraction changes
due to temperature, pressure, and humidity, there are additional factors affected by temperature, such as the
flexure of the various components. The flexure of most materials will change relative to temperature, becoming
more flexible as temperature rises.

So, you can either create or use a different model, or live with shorter exposure durations with a model
built at a significantly different temperature. In the long term APPM may eventually use multiple PNT file
collected over many months to create a dynamic model that accounts for flexure changes due to temperature.

-Ray

--

Brian

Brian Valente