Re: Small mount was Recent encoder discussion on CN

eckhard.voelcker@...

While I was waiting for my observatory to be build, I used the Mach2 with a mobile setup with an eagle pier. As I wanted to gather some experience with the model maker software, I set it up for unguided imaging. I didn't build a big model, just some points left and right of my imaging targets path in the sky. This setup was very fast and worked very well.

I would love a small, lightweight mount for my Stowaway. Absolute encoders to run unguided with a small model, easy to setup, quick polar alignment (when will we see polar alignment in APCC?).

The stowaway mount ...

Eckhard