Re: AP portable pier for 1100GTO

Bill Long

Not an issue at all, but I use the one with the MA top and the adapter stack from AP so it has a few inches of additional lift off of the tripod. You can also get the Losmandy pier extensions that way to customize further.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Spencer <patrick.spencer2@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 8:41 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP portable pier for 1100GTO

Thanks for all the replies. I had thought about the Losmandy HD tripod listed on the AP website, but I'm concerned about leg clearance with a tripod as opposed to a pier. Has anyone who uses the Losmandy HD found that to be an issue? My biggest scope is a 140mm refractor.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Losmandy extensions with the configuration sold through AP? It looks like the extensions nest inside the MA top. Of course, the Losmandy HD seems to be backordered everywhere I look.