Re: AP portable pier for 1100GTO

dvjbaja

Patrick, Look into the Losmandy HD tripod/pier that AP offers.  Leveling and height adjustment, folding, easy storage.  I use it with my 1100 and I love it.
(PS: The wife will too)

- jg

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 8:02 AM Patrick Spencer <patrick.spencer2@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have an 1100GTO on order, so I'm trying to decide what to do about a portable pier. I am wondering if anyone can share experiences and/or insight regarding the AP Portable Pier. My main questions relate to ease of leveling and stability. My primary setup location is a slightly out-of-level concrete patio in my backyard (sloped for drainage), but I will also use it a handful of times per year at my favorite dark locations in the Colorado mountains and SE Utah desert.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the turnbuckle-based leveling system of the portable pier. Is it relatively easy to get level?

I'm also considering an ATS portable pier, but obviously that's quite a bit more expense. My wife is already well into the head-scratching zone about the cost of this hobby, so saving $1500 or so would certainly be a plus.

Thanks for any input,

Patrick Spencer