Re: Small mount was Recent encoder discussion on CN

deonb

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 04:31 PM, Roland Christen wrote:
Do you need a Dec encoder for what? Remember, Dec doesn't have to track.

Dec encoder provides push-to recovery functionality which is a big plus on a ultra-portable mount.

My vote would be: Ultra-low weight, Clutched, Dual Absolute Encoders.

However, I'm not sure what "low tracking performance" in combination with "dual absolute encoders" would even mean? Like... the mount knows it's wrong but doesn't know how to fix it?