From: Andrew Jones <andjones132@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 26, 2021 12:27 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Clutch Knobs vs. the Gearbox Release Levers

Hi Rolando.

Let's say that I did damage the worm gears on my Mach over the years by using the gearbox release levers. I know there has been times when I felt the gear rake across the worm gear before it fully engaged. I also know that have been having issues guiding on my DEC Axis. The mount is on a permanent pier in a dome and I recently verified both the PEC and my polar alignment using PemPro so I should not be having guiding issues. Which makes me suspect that I may have damaged my DEC Axis worm gear. Does AP offer an inspection/repair service for their mounts? Can I send the mount in to be inspected and serviced if needed?

Not only is this question important for getting my Mach1 fixed, I just put down my deposit for the 1100 GTO AEL with accessories and weights plus a 10" ATS Pier. Combined this is north of $20K. Which I am ok with as I know I am buying a quality mount that should last 20 - 30 years. That said, before I spend this kind of money I need to know that if I have issues with the the 1100 like i have with my Mach1 that I that I can send it to be serviced. I got a note back recently that indicated you don't service your mounts. That if repairs are needed the customer will need to perform the repairs themselves. I need to get confirmation that you do service your mounts after the sale.

Thank you.

Andrew J