From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher Erickson
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 4:55 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GTOCP4 Control Box

IMNSHO, set up a compact observatory PC next to the scope and then controle that PC remotely from the house.

-Christopher Erickson

Observatory Engineer

Summit Kinetics

Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 12:50 PM Donald Gaines <onegaines@...> wrote:

Hi folks,
I was lucky enough to be notified recently I’m going to be the proud father of an 1100GTO mount.  I have read through the GTOCP4 Operating Instructions as I plan on how to connect the mount to a PC, CCD Camera, focuser, and other accessories.  I would like to locate the mount outside in a structure with a ROR, and connect to a PC in the house about 150  ft away. I was thinking of using the Ethernet port and I read that it can also be done with a USB and Icron 2304 USB extender.  I am curious if cameras, focuses and other accessories can be connected to the GTOCP4 and then be operated by the PC in the house?  Is there a preferred method for this kind of setup?  I would appreciate any advice you might be willing to pass along.
Thanks,
Don Gaines