Re: Help with "VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!" errors? #APCC

Rodolphe

Edited

Hi again,

OK, solved it!

Your hint about ASCOM triggered some thoughts.
Uninstalled V2 driver and APCC.
I reinstalled ASCOM which fired up a warning about Ransomware protection which is not compatible with ASCOM at this time.
  1. Disabled that windows "feature,"
  2. installed (repaired) ASCOM
  3. Installed the V2 driver
  4. Installed APCC
  5. Launched APCC
  6. pressed the "now" button
  7. Launched the V2 driver ASCOM setup
  8. Connect through IP address --> success (as before)
  9. Connect through virtual ports --> SUCCESS !!!
Of note: ran a deep search on my disk, the ap.ini file doesn't seem to exist on my system - is it a problem?

Lessons learned: be cautious with Microsoft's feature or security updates!