Hi again,OK, solved it!
Your hint about ASCOM triggered some thoughts.
Uninstalled V2 driver and APCC.
I reinstalled ASCOM which fired up a warning about Ransomware protection which is not compatible with ASCOM at this time.
Of note: ran a deep search on my disk, the ap.ini file doesn't seem to exist on my system - is it a problem?
- Disabled that windows "feature,"
- installed (repaired) ASCOM
- Installed the V2 driver
- Installed APCC
- Launched APCC
- pressed the "now" button
- Launched the V2 driver ASCOM setup
- Connect through IP address --> success (as before)
- Connect through virtual ports --> SUCCESS !!!
Lessons learned: be cautious with Microsoft's feature or security updates!