From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of weems@...
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 1:41 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] So, I hear that the 1100 notifications have began, along with a 21% price increase...

Then there are those of us who are hoping for a next round of 1600's - so there will be a new batch of used 1100's out there ;-)  While I'm very happy with my 900, I'm pushing its limits, and it would be great to have something with more capacity in the observatory, then use the 900 to replace the mount I take to school for evening observing sessions with my students. So please, bring on the 1600s!

And since there was a digression about EV's, I'll chime in that I too have one. But mine has three wheels, disk brakes, 30 gears, a high tech suspension, rides lower than a sports car, and is completely open. It also lets me exercise during drive time. And it came from another US company that prides itself on fine engineering.

Chip