Re: Encoder performance during recent sub-zero nights

Jeffrey Wolff

Most years it doesn't go below 0 F in Reno. It has reached -17 F back in 1919. The average winter low Reno is 23 degrees F on the coldest months.

If I moved to a place above 7000 feet then I might see temperatures down -15 F or colder. The snow might be so deep there I wouldn't be able to keep my observatory clear of snow. If I moved it may be a bit further south. Haven't lived north of I80 in about 40 years.

I was born in Michigan and remember -28F on Christmas day when I was in my 20s.