Re: Help with "VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!" errors? #APCC

Ray Gralak

Rodolphe,

The ASCOM COM port is set to -1 according to the logs, which, of course, does not exist!

The problem is that your ap.ini file is blank. Any idea how that might have happened? Uninstalling the driver and APCC will not touch the settings files, so either someone deleted the file, or there is a file permissions issue.

I suggest you find and delete the ap.ini file, start APCC, and click the tiny "Now" button in APCC's connection settings, which will setup and configure the driver to properly use APCC and its virtual ports.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rodolphe
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 10:34 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Help with "VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
received!" errors? #APCC

Hi Ray,
Firstly, I appreciate your answers coming in on a Sunday :)

Unfortunately, I could have told you that was going to be a waste of time. :-(

--> No worries. I'll update the firmware tomorrow, I have a session running right now (Switzerland, CET).

You will also find the logs here <https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvO2KZoP803hossFTkwNObsg_sttqw?e=ZT9XTJ> - just
took today's, there are many failed attempts in there.
Many thanks for your investigation, and honestly don't rush it, this is not urgent, I can still survive ;)
Kind regards,
Rodolphe

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.