Re: Encoder performance during recent sub-zero nights

Jeffrey Wolff

Well now I am doubting my need for absolute encoders. I live in Reno and probably will not be moving to a colder location. I use the mount quite a bit in the +10 - 32 F and warmer range so that is why I chose the absolute. It as seldom actually been below zero in the 35 years I have been here. Since the -4 F storage limit doesn't seem to be a problem, I don't need to worry about using the absolute version.

I put down my deposit on Friday. I will call on Monday and see if I can change to the standard range encoders.