Re: Encoder performance during recent sub-zero nights

Jeffrey Wolff

I have the 1100 with extended range on order. Looks like i probably would be fine with the standard range but didn't want to feel limited so I chose the extended range.  42 degrees below specs is pretty impressive. I was more worried about the -4 F storage limit.

At the price of the mount with encoders I didn't want to take the risk that some future location would have too low of temperatures to use the mount with encoders. The price difference isn't that great so I don't mind paying the extra.