From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of chris.white@... <chris.white@...>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 5:45 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Pre-owned 900GTO Questions

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a 900GTO that was built in 2009.  If I purchase it, I'm wondering if there is anything I should do maintenance-wise, such as grease the bearings or anything else?

I've also read that one needs to be careful with the clutch knobs as the little washers can get bent.  Is there anything else I should be aware of when operating this mount?

It has the CP4 which is good...   I'm an imager and really looking forward to this mount!  I will be using a GTX130 and an EDGE 925.

Another thing I am wondering, is if anyone knows if there is an adapter to mount this on an iOptron Tri-Pier?  Don't laugh too hard... it's what I have right now.  (Upgrading from a CEM60).  I'm also considering getting a pier and bolting it to the floor of my raised observatory... but that would be a warm weather project.   So hoping to use the tripier for now.  iOptron makes an adapter to mount the Mach 1, but I think the base is bigger on the 900.  If so, is there anything I could get to adapt between the Mach1 mount and the 900?

Or should I just sell the tripier and get something else?

Thanks in advance!