Re: Connection Issues

Ray Gralak

Hi Steve,

Any suggestions on getting the remote AP3600 back to a reliable status?
There is not much information to go on, you could try increasing the Ethernet timeout by 50 to 100 msecs. You could also try
switching to using the COM port only.

If that doesn't help you might try reverting to the last version of APCC that you were running to see if the problem goes away. If
it does then we would want to look into why this is happening.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Reilly
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:54 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Connection Issues

Seems since the last APCC Pro update, as a time reference only, the connection on the remote system at SRO on
the AP3600 has become unstable often not making a connection or connecting to the IP address only to later fail
back to the COM address. Thinking that maybe it was a corrupt setting I restored a backup of the settings and
rebooted. Tis seemed to clear that problem until I checked this morning to find it on COM3 again. Before it wasn't
connecting at all sometimes. It's unclear to me where to look and how to feel confident on fixing the problem. After
all a secure and solid connection is most key to successfully imaging. The sky is supposed to be clear tonight
even if the seeing is questionable but at least it should be able to open and attempt to image.

As a reference point my AP1200 on the same updated version of APCC Pro worked all night here at home only
being sidelined due to clouds rolling in around 4am. Same connection methods, LAN and COM backup, both with
CP4 controllers and updated firmware, drivers, and SW versions. Any suggestions on getting the remote AP3600
back to a reliable status?

-Steve

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.