Re: So, I hear that the 1100 notifications have began, along with a 21% price increase...

dvjbaja

And there is a hefty state tax to pay on the purchase.  Most folks if they are going to spend this much on a telescope mount will gladly pay more for it.  Yes, the costs do add up.  Sales tax, shipping, plus any accessories.     The fabulous 1100 will fit nicely in the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S for those quick runs to a dark sky to image M42.  So get it while you can.

This also means that the previous generation 600, 900, and 1200 mounts are premium items, not to be overlooked by those on a budget.  They do come up for sale quite often.

cheers,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12:46 PM Val�rie-Fran�ois R�gembal <foudastro@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I too am on a dealer's list to purchase one of these beauties. I used to own an AP1200 that worked flawlessly for many years and I am looking forward to the AP1100.
Having said that... I don't believe that a sudden increase of 21% is the right thing to do. Regular increases over time are a lot easier to justify with regards to keeping track to inflation than this quantum jump in price. This is very disappointing: some of us save money over time to afford these items and all of a sudden, we get close to not being able to afford them, right at the gate when they become available after patiently waiting for over a year, sometimes a lot longer.
I know I'll forget all about the price I paid once this mount will be in my backyard, running smoothly under the stars... but still...

Francois