Re: So, I hear that the 1100 notifications have began, along with a 21% price increase...

Roland Christen

the Chevy Volt is built to a higher-quality standard than the Tesla.
Absolutely, I agree fully. With my Volt I have no range anxiety. It accelerates fast and smoothly, goes great on twisty roads in Sport mode, and gets me to work and back every day whilst thumbing its nose at the gas stations. I was surprised at how much more powerful the 2018 Volt is compared to our other Volt, which is a first generation 2013. Goes much farther on battery too.

GM had a great idea, but lost its way by not marketing this vehicle. I bought my first one many years back after meeting by chance a senior engineer from GM when we vacationed in Michigan. He worked on the Volt project. I asked him if this car was for real, and he told me it was absolutely for real and was designed and built to the highest standards, because the engineering staff did not want to fail with this project. Somewhere along the line the management decided that small cars are not the future, and put all their sales/marketing energy into large SUVs and trucks.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] So, I hear that the 1100 notifications have began, along with a 21% price increase...

In my personal experience, the Chevy Volt is built to a higher-quality standard than the Tesla. My new Volt is my third e-car.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021, 12:10 PM Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...> wrote:
This discussion is going downhill fast with Mr. Christen's Tesla post.  There is an inference there that we would be satisfied with something else.  I don't think so.  The madness needs to stop. 

Personally, I don't want a Tesla, but if I did I would boycott and not purchase one in opposition of the space garbage issue.  However, I am looking forward to the LEO fast internet access when it is available and am on the waiting list. 

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.