Re: [ap-ug] Gonna shoot tonight - it's clear and BRRRRR

Robert Sinitiere <bobstar9@...>

Roland, You are ALL better and tougher men than am I.  Roland, you are perpetually a 25 year old lad.  I’m 71 now, and feeling it in my joints.  Bob
PS:  Clear skies, it is cloudy here.

On Feb 13, 2021, at 7:14 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Oh yeah! I'm well aware but have experienced colder in the past. 10 minutes working with the computer is about the limit, but I have nice warm tea inside. Right now mount and camera are working well. Transparency is super, seeing is horrid. We'll see what we get.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Feb 13, 2021 6:15 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] Gonna shoot tonight - it's clear and BRRRRR

Man, don’t get hypothermic or frostbite! Keep those fingers and toes warm. Good Luck!!

JimP 

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 7:11:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>; main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-ug] Gonna shoot tonight - it's clear and BRRRRR

I'm going to give it a try with my Mach2 in sub-zero F temps. It's brilliantly clear (YAY!) but below zero (Wahh!). I hope my laptop doesn't freeze up on me. Wish me luck.

Testing continues primarily to see where and if the normal temp encoders will fail to operate in sub-zero conditions. So far they work fine but we have not seen -20F yet. Maybe Sunday night - Monday morning. Coldest it's ever been in Northern Illinois is -32F, but haven't seen that in the last 10 years.

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.