Re: How long for UNGUIDED imaging with non AE mounts?

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I guess you should also remodel every time you do some load changes or tweaking of balance?

I have to comment, potentially adversely to AP sales.   The non-encoder option is so freaking accurate that sometimes I don’t know why people even buy it.   I love my mount.  In fact, I am thinking of giving it a bath for Valentine’s day.  You know, a private thing in the observatory….

Seriously, the other item I want to comment on is the fact that it is kind of silly to set tracking times on PH-2 of 5 seconds when you can really go much much longer without doing supplemental tracking at all.  How long are people setting the exposure times?

Does the model add that much more accuracy to the tracking?

Finally, I guess having the encoders is like once you have the encoders you really appreciate their functionality?   If so, I am just going to avoid them, because right now my love for my 1600 is deep and there is no need to ruin a good relationship.

Emilio J. Robau. P.E.

Professional Engineer

Florida, Montana, North Carolina

www.robau-designs.com

Designs for Human Habitation and Environmental Conservation

Civil Engineering - Project Management – Permitting – Consulting  Ph: 239-206-8000 Direct: 239-204-4322

2770 Horseshoe Drive S, Suite 7, Naples, Florida 34104

This e-mail message is sent from Robau and Associates, LLC, and is intended only for the addressee. This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Upon receipt of any electronic file/data from Robau and Associates, LLC, you are agreeing to the following: This file/data is for informational purposes only. It is the responsibility of the recipient to reconcile this electronic file/data with the actual project site conditions. Recipient agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Robau and Associates, LLC for any defects or errors in this file/data.  Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.