From: Ray Gralak
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 11:43 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2

> Thanks for the update. We just heard from another user of the Mach2 who had stalling problems. He did the
> same thing: complete un-install of APCC from a previous mount and a new clean install. His stalling problems
> went away also.

I meant to post this yesterday, but a "clean" install is not strictly necessary. (BTW, In addition to uninstalling/reinstalling APCC, a "clean" install would include deleting the settings folder: c:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC).

First, this only matters if the computer with APCC has been previously configured for use with another A-P mount. In this case, some of the old APCC settings won't apply to the Mach 2.

In both cases where Mach 2's stalled or had limit issues, the APCC's mount limits settings were enabled for a previous A-P mount.  The problem is that APCC's mount limit values use gear angles that only made sense for the old mount. This resulted in limit actions because APCC thought a limit had been reached.

To prevent this issue you should either rename or delete APCC's default settings file. This will cause APCC to automatically create a new settings file. The settings file is located here:

c:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Settings.apcc.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro