From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Megdal
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 9:44 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Counterweight Shaft Case

I posted this long ago when I was using a 1200 as a “portable” mount.  Since then I have a 1600 mount in an observatory.

But I recently received the very impressive Mach 2 which I intend to transport on occasion.

So what type of case to use for the mount and its accessories has come up again.  Below is a picture of the case I made for the 1200 counterweight shaft (and will shorten for the Mach 2 shaft).

It is made from readily available 2” Schedule 80 PVC pipe parts glued together.  The counterweight shaft is an almost airtight fit inside that size pipe, and the screw-on cap is very convenient.

Put a small piece of foam in the bottom and it is ready to go.

  • Barry

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.