Re: Difference between Recalibrate and Sync

vk3cjk

Hello Vladimir,

My understanding is that Sync is something you need to do only once after you initially assemble the mount.  I've done it only once in 12 years since I set up my scope in the observatory.  It helps to keep the scope up and the counterweights down.

However Recalibrate is something I use every time I use the scope.   It 'fine tunes' the pointing in the region of sky where you are observing.   You simply find a known object, recalibrate on it, then you know that your pointing is going to be pretty good at least in that region.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers, Chris

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 6:01 AM Vladimir Steblina <vsteblina@...> wrote:
My friend and I have just about given up on the difference between Sync and Recalibrate with the AP900.

Can somehow explain the difference in terms we can understand??

What difference does it make??  When is it appropriate to use one versus the other??  Thanks.

Yep, we read the manual.  English is my fourth language and that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.....however, my friend is a native English speaker!!

Vladimir