From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Allen Gilchrist via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 7:51 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

True to my previous experiences, I haven't been able to get ASCOM to work. I downloaded
ASCOMPlatform65SP1.exe and installed that. Then I downloaded AstroPhysics_V2_Setup_5.30.10.exe and ran
that. Icons appeared on my desktop, and I was able to setup the telescope mount and run the APJog utility.
When I opened TheSkyX, however, there was no Astro-Physics GTO V2 Mount listed under either ASCOM or
under Astro-Physics. Under Astro-Physics, I found 1200 GTO and GTO Model Mount. I can control the mount
with either of these, but neither of them appears to be using ASCOM. When I run APJog Utility, an AP_ASCOM
log file is created, but not when I connect to the mount with TSX. I found something on the ASCOM-
Standards/FAQs site about a need for a special TeleAPIv5.94 driver for TheSky, but I think that relates to older
versions of the program. I'm missing something here. Can someone help?