Re: Dec limit in Mach2

Christopher Erickson

I assume there is nothing plugged into the ST-4 port on your CP5.

I can't think of any APCC configuration or misbehavior that could cause your symptoms. I wouldn't bother with uninstalling and reinstalling APCC.

Make sure there isn't any stray fleck of metal or something floating around in your CP5 ST-4 socket.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:02 AM Luca Marinelli <photo@...> wrote:
Thanks Roland. I’ll wait for Howard’s phone call.

Luca

On Feb 5, 2021, at 3:59 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I think Howard can help you if he can patch into your computer. He is 1000 times more knowledgeable than I am about APCC and the best way to set everything up.

I work with the Mach2 and our other mounts extensively, so I know what they will do, but for the life of me I have never seen any of them misbehave in all the 20 years I have operated them. So I'm always surprised when someone comes up with a problem that we cannot replicate, but in the end I would definitely want to know what caused this erroneous behavior.