Re: Mach 1 not parking at Alt Az position

Mike Dodd

On 2/5/2021 10:08 AM, Arun Hegde wrote:

issue/Problem statement: Mount will not indicate is is parked at Alt Az
position although it gets very, very very close. The AP V2 ASCOM driver
which I use seems to show minute movements even when pretty much at
position, and I end up manually aborting the park.
Questions:

1. Does the driver say Parked or Unparked when you see these tiny movements?

2. If you manually slew the mount using the driver's buttons, then park it using the driver's Park (to Az/El) button, does the driver park the scope? I.e., do the coordinate fields blink "Parking Click to Cancel" then stop when the mount stops moving?

3. If #2 is "yes" then the mount is parked. Do you still see the tiny movements?

I don't think this is really a problem. As I understand it, the driver is converting RA/Dec to Alt/El, and you're probably seeing tiny rounding errors. If the driver says Parked, then the mount is parked.

--- Mike