Re: Mach1 Park 3 curiosity

Roland Christen

Whenever you do mount sync you shift both axes from the star point
That should say start point.

From: Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 4:52 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 Park 3 curiosity

What does this mean?
Whenever you do mount sync you shift both axes from the star point and establish a new start point according to the time that is entered into your mount at initialization. For every second of time error the mount will change the RA angle by 15 arc seconds. For every hour of error you get 15 degrees of offset. From your images it looks like your controlling software (keypad or whatever you use for initialization) has a time error of a few minutes for your location. Remember, local time in a time zone is not very accurate. Next time you do this sequence, change the time in the mount by +- 5 minutes and then park. Watch what happens to the RA position.

Bottom line, don't worry about the exact park position when parking the mount. When re-initializing, simply use Autostart YES in the keypad, and it will go to the correct place in the sky. Don't "Resume from Park3". If you are not using the keypad, then "Resume from Present position" in your software.