Mach1 Park 3 curiosity

Nick Iversen

This isn't a problem but I'm curious about what is going on here. I do a polar alignment (1 arc min accuracy according to PHD2) then unpark from Park 3 as shown in the photo at left. I do a night's observing using plate solving and mount synching in Sequence Generator Pro. Then at the end of the session I park to position 3 and the mount goes to the position in the second photo. It doesn't line up. The angular distance is quite large.

What does this mean? Why doesn't it go back to where it started? The real question is - for the next night should I start from this position? Is this my true Park 3?