Re: Looking for one or two CP3's

Christopher Erickson

Always appreciated!

However I am trying to get them back on-sky quickly. Trying to avoid the delay of shipping from/to Hawaii and whatever additional time needed on the bench. I opened up the unit and don't find anything obvious. Connectors are fine, no cold solder joints and the voltage regulator is fine. It could have been popped from GRP from a nearby lightning strike.

Eventual plan is to have them get a brand-new CP4, if and when they get some budget to work with again.

"My advice is always free and worth every penny!"

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 6:06 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Send the broken one in and we'll see what's what with it. Maybe easily fixable.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2021 9:19 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Looking for one or two CP3's

One of the smaller UofH observatories I shepherd over here in Hawaii is using a 1200 and the existing CP3 has died. The budget for this particular research project is currently frozen so they can't simply replace it with a CP4. So my thought is that I will give them a CP3 to keep them going but first I have to find one. So if anyone here is willing to sell me an old CP3 that I can in-turn donate to the VYSOS-12 observatory, please contact me off-list.

Christopher dot k dot erickson at Gmail dot com.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.