Re: Tracking much better after meridian flip

Hi Tom

what are you guiding with, and do you have guidelogs to share?

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 8:11 PM Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...> wrote:
Hi
I'm getting ok guiding when I start my night imaging.  At this point, the scope is pointing to the east. Not fantastic but still good enough for my image scale.  I do have a bit of backlash in dec and the mount is the AP600e known for a sticky dec axis.
However, when the mount crosses the meridian and does the flip, the guiding is way better.
What could be the reasons?  The mount is counterweight heavy for imaging in the east.  I would think it would get worse when the flip occurs.
Thanks for any tips.

--
Brian

Brian Valente